Thank you for your interest in raising funds to benefit The ChadTough Foundation (The CTF)!
The mission of The ChadTough Foundation is to inspire and fund game-changing research to discover effective treatments for pediatric brain cancer, with an emphasis on Diffuse Intrinsic Pontine Glioma (DIPG).
How The ChadTough Foundation Can Help
The CTF is grateful for your interest in fundraising and wants your efforts to succeed. While we expect you to lead the marketing for your event through your own channels, The CTF can assist you in a number of ways:
- The CTF has developed a number of tools and templates for different types of fundraising events. We encourage you to use these tools and we welcome your feedback on them and your suggestions about new tools and templates to develop for the future. For access to these tools, email Amy Lepore.
- For your event, The CTF can provide information cards.
- For events that would appeal to the general public and benefit The ChadTough Foundation (i.e. an individual and/or company will not make a profit) with guaranteed minimum net revenue of $1,000 or more, The CTF will post to social media channels and list the fundraiser on chadtough.org.
- For opportunities with guaranteed minimum net revenue of $1,000 or more, that include an individual and/or company making a profit in addition to the donation, The CTF will feature the fundraiser in the ‘Give-Back Partner’ area of the website. The CTF will drive traffic monthly to this page via its social media.
- Appearances by members of The CTF will be considered, based up on availability, for events with guaranteed minimum net revenue of $2,500 or more.
Note: You are responsible for marketing your event. All marketing materials must be approved by The ChadTough Foundation prior to distributing. Marketing your event to The ChadTough Champions Facebook Group without prior approval is strictly prohibited.
Use of The CTF Foundation Name & Logo
- You may not use The CTF name or logo or otherwise indicate to the public that an event is being held for the benefit of The CTF without the prior, express, written consent of an authorized representative of the Foundation.
- The official logo of The CTF may not be altered in any way without prior, express, written consent of an authorized representative of the Foundation. Any use of the logo must adhere to established graphic standards, which will be provided to you upon approval of your event.
- You may not make public announcements or promote the event (all publicity) until you receive written approval from the Foundation of your Third-Party Fundraising Application.
- Publicity for your event may not imply that the event is sponsored or co-sponsored by the Foundation and/or that The CTF is involved in any way except as the event’s beneficiary. You cannot, for example, call an event “The CTF Golf Tournament.” Instead, your events should be promoted as the “Golf Tournament to benefit The CTF”.
- Your usage of The CTF name and logo is limited to your approved event and cannot be used again or shared with anyone else without written approval from The CTF.
- The Foundation must review and approve in writing all printed and digital promotional materials including, but not limited to: advertising, letters, brochures, flyers, and press releases prior to production or distribution. Proposed materials should be submitted via email (preferred) or by mail to The CTF, P.O. Box 907, Saline, MI 48176. Please allow seven working days for review of all promotional materials.
- Applications must be completed and submitted to The CTF Foundation no less than four weeks prior to the proposed fundraising event. Please submit via email or by mail to The CTF, P.O. Box 907, Saline, MI 48176.
- The CTF must be notified in writing via email if there are any significant changes to the event once it has been approved.
- The CTF reserves the right to direct you at any time to cancel the event or remove any references to The CTF from the event. If so directed, you agree to release The CTF and its officers, directors, and employees from any and all liability in connection with any such action.
- By signing the Third-Party Fundraising Application, you agree to refrain from selling or sharing with others the names, addresses, email addresses, or other contact information or event participants, donors, or sponsors.
- In order to better coordinate fundraising activities, you must provide us with a list of targeted sponsors for your event before they are approached. We need to avoid duplication of donation requests to partners already supporting The CTF (or targeted for future requests).
- We reserve the right to attend and observe your event free of charge.
Financial and Legal Information
- You agree to indemnify and hold harmless The CTF, its directors, officers and employees from any and all claims of any kind or nature whatsoever arising out of, or in any way connected to your event.
- You are at least 18 years of age and agree to comply with all local, county, state, and federal laws and regulations governing charitable solicitations and all statutes and/or ordinances, which may apply to your event.
- You agree to obtain all necessary insurance, licenses and permits to conduct your event and its solicitations. Please refrain from applying as The ChadTough Foundation and/or using The CTF’s Tax ID. (Note that events that involve raffles, bingo, alcohol, or other games of chance, may have special regulations and/or required permits).
- Event expenses should be limited to no more than 25% of the total raised by the event. Ideally, all services and items required to produce the event should be donated so that expenses are kept to a minimum.
- Event organizers are responsible for payment of all event expenses. If event expenses are greater than money raised, you are responsible for paying those expenses. The CTF will not provide reimbursement of any expenses related to your event.
- You may not set up a bank account (temporary or permanent) in The CTF’s name.
- You may not keep any portion of the proceeds as compensation for organizing the event.
- You must provide event participants, donors, and sponsors with accurate information about the use of funds in the promotion of your event. Following the guidelines of the Better Business Bureau.
Money Going to The ChadTough Foundation The Language to Use If all the money collected (100%) is going to The CTF All proceeds to benefit The ChadTough Foundation If all the money minus your expenses for the event are going to The CTF A portion of the proceeds to benefit The ChadTough Foundation or All net proceeds to benefit The ChadTough Foundation If a specific dollar amount in the purchase of a product/service is going to The CTF; or if a set donation is going to The CTF You must state the dollar amount.
Example: For every pizza we sell on Thursday, $5 will go to The ChadTough Foundation
Example: A donation of $1,000 will be made to The ChadTough Foundation
If a percentage of the proceeds are going to benefit The CTF You must state the percentage of the proceeds that will benefit the organization. For example: 30% of the proceeds (or net proceeds) to benefit The ChadTough Foundation
- No more than thirty days following the event, your donation should be sent to The CTF. All checks should be made payable to “The ChadTough Foundation” and mailed to: The ChadTough Foundation, PO Box 907, Saline, MI 48176 with a reference to your fundraiser.
- You must provide The CTF with a complete accounting of all funds collected and expenses related to the even within thirty days of the event. The CTF reserves the right to inspect all event financial records at any reasonable time with reasonable notice (See Example).
- The CTF can only issue tax receipts for checks made directly payable to “The ChadTough Foundation”. If your donors send contributions directly to the Foundation, you must inform us of the value of any goods or services the donor received in return for the contribution.
- The Foundation must review and approve in writing allmaterials and correspondence that includ The ChadTough Foundation’s EIN (Tax ID Number). The Foundation’s Tax ID may only be used for tax receipt purposes, not in relation to hosting any events.
- Please thank all businesses and/or individuals who helped plan, execute and participated in your fundraiser. Please provide a list of donors (in kind and/or cash) over $100 (including mailing and email addresses) to allow the foundation to send a custom thank you.
- If the fundraiser is one in which an individual or company will make a profit with a portion going to The ChadTough Foundation, a minimum guaranteed donation may be required.