RunTough Goes Virtual!
Even though RunTough for ChadTough will be virtual this year, we are SO excited that SO many people from all over the world are participating! Whether you’re running your favorite route around town or just running errands, your contribution is raising awareness and funds for desperately needed brain cancer research.
Please note that shirt sizes are not guaranteed after September 4.
Our goal is to have at least 10 runners from every state. We’re getting closer every day! Keep an eye on our social media for regular map updates. (The orange states have at least 10 registrants, while the lighter highlighted states have at least 5 so far.) If you know people in states we still need, you can help us by encouraging them to get involved!
This year is a particularly special year for RunTough because it actually falls on Chad’s 10th birthday. For any local runners who are interested, we have created 5K and 1M suggested routes they can follow that pass by Chad’s house and some of his favorite places.
As the Carrs face the reality that Chad has been gone for as many years as he was with them, we urge you to join our community, wherever you are, in surrounding them with support as we did 6 years ago after they heard those life-changing words, “It’s DIPG. There’s currently a 0% chance of survival. We recommend you take him home and make the most of the time you have left.”
Every cure starts somewhere. The cure for DIPG is coming!
Nothing will stop us!
Ways to Participate
RunTough for ChadTough – Register Here
- SALINE: Despite not being able to host a large gathering this year, both the 5K and 1M Saline options have suggested routes that you can run/walk on your own time. Local race packet pickup will be available (for these events only!) at the following times:
- Sunday, September 20th from 4-6pm
- Wednesday, September 23 from 12-2pm or 4-6pm
- VIRTUAL: Know you won’t be participating in Saline? No problem – pick our virtual option, and we’ll send your race packet to you! ***Local packet pickup is not available for this option!***
For Virtual registrations received by September 4, we will attempt to get your race packet to you by our event date of September 26, but it cannot be guaranteed this year. For registrations received after September 4, the race packet may not arrive until October.
2020 RunTough Family Teams
This year we have more families than ever hosting virtual races to honor their child who either is currently fighting or previously fought pediatric brain cancer. ALL proceeds for ALL of these races go to The ChadTough Foundation.
Become a Fundraiser!
Fund a day of research! Learn more here.
Discounted Pricing for 2020
- Virtual: $35
- 1-Mile Fun Run: $35
- 5K Race: $35
- Toddler (Ages 5 & Under): $5*
*Toddler registration is only available for the local race options in Saline (not valid for the Virtual Run). Limited sizes available only while supplies last.
What Is a Virtual Run?
When you register for the Virtual Run, we will send you a race shirt and bib. You choose where, when, how far, and how fast you want to “run,” even if it’s just in your mind! Register by September 4th to guarantee a shirt, and we will attempt to get your packet to you by our official event day. Miss the deadline? No problem, you’ll receive your packet by early October. Joining our Virtual Run is a great way to support the cause and get a ChadTough shirt.
- Sign up by 9/4 to guarantee your race shirt.
- Sign up for the Virtual Run by 9/4 and we will attempt to get your packet to you by our official event day of 9/26 (within the continental U.S., cannot be guaranteed for 2020).
- Sign up by 9/26 to participate in this year’s RunTough for ChadTough.
RunTough for ChadTough would not be possible without the generous support of our sponsors. Thanks to them, 100% of all registration fees will go directly to research!
Interested in a sponsorship? They start as low as $1,000. Click here for more info.