These are certainly unprecedented times that we hope we never have to see again! As we work together to mitigate the public health and economic consequences brought on by COVID-19, we also remain strongly committed to the promise we’ve made to our DIPG children: to find a cure.
Whether it is virtually, in person, or some combination, we hope you will join us during Childhood Cancer Awareness Month on what should have been Chad’s 10th birthday – September 26th. Together, we can continue our efforts to help find a cure for pediatric brain cancer.
Nothing will stop us!
RunTough for ChadTough is not only the foundation’s longest-running event but was also the start of The ChadTough Foundation. Raising over $1 million and inspiring more than 10,000 registrations since its inception in 2014, this event has become one of the major cornerstones for The ChadTough Foundation. RunTough has grown every year, with a family-friendly 5K and 1-Mile Fun Run, a virtual option (participants from every state can run wherever, whenever, or not at all… we still send a shirt), and satellite events hosted by other families who have been affected by pediatric brain cancer.
Ways to Participate – Special 2020-Only Pricing!
- RunTough for ChadTough – Register Here
- VIRTUAL: Know you can’t join us in Saline? No problem – pick our virtual option, and we’ll send your race packet to you!
- SALINE: Interested in trying to join us in Saline? If it is safe, we’d love to enjoy RunTough with you! Just pick one of the Saline options. If it turns out we can only meet virtually, we’ll send your race packet to you.
- RunTough for Team Colt – Register Here
- VIRTUAL with a TWIST: Colt DelVerne made his family laugh every day and could find joy in everything. Register for RunTough for Team Colt Virtual, and we will send your race packet to you. If it is safe to meet, the DelVernes will send details on where to enjoy race day together. (Note: same shirt as RunTough for ChadTough)
- RunTough for Team Tommy – Register Here
- VIRTUAL: Tommy Ruddy loved being outdoors and doing anything sports-related. Register for RunTough for Team Tommy Virtual, and we will send your race packet to you. (Note: same shirt as RunTough for ChadTough)
- RunTough for Team Carter – Register Here
- VIRTUAL: Carter Jones wanted to be a police officer because he wanted to help protect and serve others. Register for RunTough for Team Carter Virtual, and we will send your race packet to you. (Note: same shirt as RunTough for ChadTough)
- RunTough for Team Owen – Stay tuned!
- VIRTUAL: Owen Petrzelka was diagnosed with DIPG in March 2020. He loves ninjas, his scooter, and Legos. His family in Chicago will be hosting a virtual race in his honor. More details to come.
- RunTough for Team Lucy – Register Here
- VIRTUAL: Lucy Sieck from North Carolina was diagnosed with DIPG on May 21 and is in Ann Arbor participating in an ONC201 clinical trial at the University of Michigan. Register for RunTough for Team Lucy Virtual, and we will send your race packet to you. (Note: same shirt as RunTough for ChadTough)
- RunTough for Team Joshua – Register Here
- VIRTUAL: Joshua McFadden would have celebrated his 16th birthday this September. Register for RunTough for Team Joshua Virtual, and we will send your race packet to you. (Note: same shirt as RunTough for ChadTough)
- RunTough for Team Emma – Register Here
- VIRTUAL: Emma Thompson was diagnosed with a rare form of brain cancer called ependymoma in 2014. After several surgeries, chemotherapy, and radiation, she has been cancer free for two years, and it’s the family’s mission to raise research funds to help other kids. Register for RunTough for Team Emma Virtual, and we will send your race packet to you. (Note: same shirt as RunTough for ChadTough)
- Become a Fundraiser!
- Fund a day of research! Learn more here.
Early Bird Pricing (Expires 8/1)
1-Mile Fun Run: $25
5K Race: $25
Toddler (Ages 5 & Under): $5*
*Toddler registration is only available for the local race in Saline (not valid for the Virtual Run). Limited sizes available only while supplies last.
What Is a Virtual Run?
Can’t get to our host location? Have a conflict on that date? Simply can’t or don’t want to run? You can still “join” us virtually! When you register for the Virtual Run, we will send you a race shirt and bib. You choose where, when, how far, and how fast you want to “run,” even if it’s just in your mind! Register by September 4th to guarantee a shirt, and we will make every attempt to get your packet to you by our official race day. Miss the deadline? No problem, you’ll receive your packet by early October. Joining our Virtual Run is a great way to support the cause and get a ChadTough shirt.
Saline Event Details
Join the Carr family for the main event at the Saline High School stadium.
* We are planning to hold in-person RunTough events if current state and local regulations related to COVID-19 allow. It is of utmost importance to us that our participants and volunteers stay safe. If we are unable to hold in-person events, all registrations will automatically be considered virtual registrations and shirts will be mailed.
Friday, September 25:
4:00-6:00 pm packet pickup at SHS stadium
Saturday, September 26:
7:30 am – Packet pickup
8:30 am – Opening ceremony
9:00 am – 5K race and 1-Mile Fun Run start
Sign up by 9/4 to guarantee your race shirt.
Sign up for the Virtual Run by 9/4 and we will make every attempt to get your packet to you by our official race day (within the continental U.S.).
Sign up by 9/26 to participate in this year’s RunTough for ChadTough.
Because of our generous sponsors, 100% of all registration fees will go directly to research!
Sponsorships are available starting at $1,000. Click here for more info.